Position: Bread Slinger // Counter Jockey 20-30 hrs
Position Description: You love bread. You love people. You love connecting the two. And you can because you make people feel welcome and give them all the information they desire concerning our breads/scones/toast/cookies/rolls/coffee. You brew coffee, make toast, and serve up baked goods. You work the register. You package bread. You spread joy. Also, everybody does dishes. Everybody cleans. Everybody lends a hand as needed.
General Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 4-8 hour shifts between 7am-7pm Tuesday – Friday and 7am-3pm Saturday 20-32 hrs a week.
Some variations during summer depending on Farmer’s Markets.
Company Description: At Brake Bread we believe that good things take time. This is as true with bread as it is with community. Brake Bread is a neighborhood bakery located in the West End of St. Paul at 1174 W. 7th Street. We began in 2014 as a Community Supported Bakery, baking bread and delivering it by bike. We continue to do this in addition to having a small retail area where people can buy bread, scones, cookies, and toast. We are small. We know our customers. We love our neighborhood. We believe that the quality of our bakery is a reflection of the the quality of life for those who work here. As an employer we seek to provide a just wage and reasonable hours. As we grow we expect the benefits to our employees to grow with us.
- People person
- Can handle multi-tasking
- Clear communicator
- Love bread and all things baked
- Open to collaboration
- Good at mathing
- Dig the details
- Flexible availability
- Make toast look pretty
- Love food but not in a pretentious way. Like, it’s cool if you instagram all your meals but having a food blog may be taking it a bit too far.
- Food safety experience/certification
- Neat and organized
- Detail oriented
Technologies/Equipment we use:
- Toasters that toast bread
- Square Register (when you see it you’ll notice it’s actually more rectangular in nature)
- Coffee brewer that brews coffee
To Apply Send us an e-mail: email@example.com subject: Counter Applicant
Include the following:
- Name and contact info
- Work History (where you’ve worked, what you did there, what you liked about it, why you left, that sort of stuff)
- Your food/retail experience
- Where you’d like to be 5 years from now and how working at Brake Bread is going to get you there
- One joke
- Hourly wage expectation
- Ideal work hours//availability
- Why do you want to work at Brake Bread specifically?