1174 West Seventh Street St. Paul MN 55102
Bread Delivery by Bike 15-20 hrs.
At Brake Bread a big part of what we do is deliver pre-ordered bread (and other baked goods) by bike. We’re looking for a few friendly cyclists able to haul 200-pound trailers full of bread up to 12 miles a day with 20-60 deliveries to homes and businesses. This is year round work. It can be really tough but it’s also super fun. If you like excitement, physical work, being part of an innovative local bakery, and doing things the hard way, you’ll love this job. Each shift begins with going over the days deliveries and packing up the trailer. Each shift ends with cleaning up the trailer, putting things away and some general cleanup. If interested in more hours this position may work in connection with in-store work as well. Note that interest in your application.
Also, everybody does dishes. Everybody cleans. Everybody lends a hand as needed.
Tuesday – Thursday
1p.m. – 6p.m.
15 – 20 hrs a week. (varies by delivery amount)
Some variation and late night/early mornings during summer depending on Farmer’s Markets.
At Brake Bread we believe that good things take time. This is as true with bread as it is with community. Brake Bread is a neighborhood bakery located in the West End of St. Paul at 1174 W. 7th Street. We began in 2014 as a Community Supported Bakery, baking bread and delivering it by bike. We continue to do this in addition to having a small retail area where people can buy bread, scones, cookies, and toast. We are small. We know our customers. We love our neighborhood. We believe that the quality of our bakery is a reflection of the quality of life for those who work here. As an employer we seek to provide a just wage and reasonable hours. As we grow we expect the benefits to our employees to grow with us.
- Love bread
- Love people
- Good with directions
- Think on your feet… or pedals
- Practice patience
- Learn from mistakes
- Open communicator
- Enjoys problem solving
- Own a solid bike
- Understand and follow MN bike laws
- Not flip off drivers just because they can be absentminded and don’t follow MN bike laws
- Great with maps
- Able to pull a 200-pound trailer for 2-4 hours in any weather condition
- Neat and organized
- Detail oriented
- Good with spreadsheets
Technologies/Equipment we use:
- We use Bikes at Work trailers. We will give you a hitch to use for work.
- You provide bike. We have delivered on everything – single/road/mtn/canti/disc etc… Our most reliable and first choice option has been mtn bikes with disc brakes.
- You provide smart phone (recommended for maps)
Send us an e-mail: [email protected] subject: Biker Applicant
Include the following:
- Name and contact info
- Work History (where you’ve worked, what you did there, what you liked about it, why you left, etc…)
- Your biking experience
- Where you’d like to be 5 years from now and how working at Brake Bread is going to get you there
- One joke
- Hourly wage expectation and bike use compensation
- Why do you want to work at Brake Bread specifically?
- Favorite ride
- Dream bike