Position Description: You love bread. You love people. You are an exceptional and visionary leader who can help drive and manage businessy operations. You continuously strive to manage costs and drive sales while also infusing the goals of a fair workplace, sustainable food practices, and low ecological impact into every decision that is made. Overseeing a bakery is fun. Good food and a good experience is what keeps people coming back. You can get all mathy and analytical to ensure that we consistently provide delicious baked goods and excellent service in a financially sustainable way. You like to inspire. With your guidance and motivation you will help drive the customer experience to a whole ‘nother level.
- At least three years of businessy and/or kitchen management experience
- Can handle multi-tasking
- Clear communicator
- Love bread and all things baked
- Open to collaboration
- Good at mathing
- Dig the details
- Computer savvy with experience working in spreadsheets
- Love food but not in a pretentious way. Like, it’s cool if you instagram all your meals but having a food blog may be taking it a bit too far.
- Strong interest in local foods and sustainability.
- Flexible availability
- Basic familiarity with bookkeeping systems including Quick Books is a plus
- Experience with leading marketing and promotions is a plus
General Schedule: Tuesday-Sunday 4-8 hour shifts between 7am-7pm Tuesday – Friday and 7am-3pm Saturday and Sunday. 20-32 hrs a week.
Some variations during summer depending on customer needs.
Company Description: At Brake Bread we believe that good things take time. This is as true with bread as it is with community. Brake Bread is a neighborhood bakery located in the West End of St. Paul at 1174 W. 7th Street. We began in 2014 as a Community Supported Bakery, baking bread and delivering it by bike. We continue to do this in addition to having a small retail area where people can buy bread, scones, cookies, and toast. We are small. We know our customers. We love our neighborhood. We believe that the quality of our bakery is a reflection of the the quality of life for those who work here. As an employer we seek to provide a just wage and reasonable hours. As we grow we expect the benefits to our employees to grow with us.
To Apply Send us an e-mail: email@example.com subject: Manager Applicant
Include the following:
- Name and contact info
- Work History (where you’ve worked, what you did there, what you liked about it, why you left, that sort of stuff)
- Your food/retail experience
- Where you’d like to be 5 years from now and how working at Brake Bread is going to get you there
- One joke
- Hourly wage expectation
- Ideal work hours//availability
- Why do you want to work at Brake Bread specifically?