Brake Bread is embarking on an exciting new adventure.
As you may know, we currently work out of a shared kitchen space. This has been a great way to start, but comes with a number of limitations. We are at a "go big or go home" point and we’ve opted to GO BIG!
Leases have been signed, plans submitted, equipment purchased, and we’re at the height of our hoop jumping game. By early 2016 we’ll be baking out of our new space, The Brakery, at 1174 W. 7th. (Across the street from Mojo Monkey and Tavial Grill).
We will continue to focus primarily on baking and delivering fresh bread by bicycle. Now we will also have a small retail and seating area where you can watch the bread making process, enjoy a cup of coffee, and order a piece of toast. We’re really excited about this process and we’re inviting you to be a part of it.
So here it is, our kickstarter campaign (maybe you’ll spot your house in the video):
Ways you can help:
- Check out the kickstarter campaign. Postcards, T-shirts, Costumed Delivery, Neighborhood Pizza Parties, and everything in between.
- Share the kickstarter video all over the place. Tell your friends! All of our growth so far has been word of mouth. Help us keep it up!
- Like us on Facebook (brakebreadmn) and tag us in pictures.
- Follow us on Twitter (@brake_bread)
- Find us on Instagram (brakebread)
- Share/Retweet the links we put out for our kickstarter
- Let us know if you want to help with demolition or if you’re good with a paintbrush.
Stuff you should know:
Expanded delivery area. Our new space allows us to quadruple our delivery area. Let your friends in the Highland Park/Crocus Hill/Merriam Park areas know.
There will be increased e-mails over the next few months as we communicate the changes and promote the new space. We work very hard to balance being public with what we do without being an inbox annoyance.
The next few months are going to be full of excitement, long hours, important details, and the mire of minutiae. In all of this we want to make sure you know how grateful we are for you and for your support. Thanks for helping us stay focused and inspired. We can’t wait to see where this all leads.
Nate & Micah